Sharing files via Email from Public Folders results in Error

Trying to share a file from My Book Live Public Share Videos and it always errors.   

I have followed the steps via Answer ID 8526 (How to enable port forwarding on a network router for use with a WD My Cloud, My Book Live, or My Book Live Duo) and configured my router’s port forwarding but it still fails.

Can someone please assist?

Thank you.

Michael

Hi there,

When you use the automatic setting does this give you the same message? and also I would like to clarify if this is using remote access or local access.

Does your router have UPnP service?   Most routers do. If so, enable it.  Then in the MBL dashboard under Remote Connection set it to Automatic. The MBL will open the ports on the router automatically.  This is the easiest way to set it up. 

If you want to do it manually, then set the ports forwards to 80 and 443. And in the manual set up on teh MBL, make sure that you use 443 and 80.  Not the ports you have right now.  Your big problem right now is that you are opening port 8043 externally, the router listens for this from outside, then all traffic signalling 8043 is being dirrected to 10.0.0.1:8043.  But your MBL is listening on 443, not 8043. So it doesn’t hear it or connect. 

If you want to use the different ports in your example, then your router has to do Port Translation. That is, listen on 8043, then redirect to 10.0.0.1:443 .  Most cheap routers cannot do Port Translation.

On Unit i always setup the automatic connection. I would only set the manual connection if I indeed change the port or have to use a different port in order to get the remote access going which i have not had to do yet.