Shared Folder!

Sorry if this has been asked before… Ive just migrated from an old LG Nas drive to the WD My Cloud as Ive only ever experienced goodness! with WD products…

I have a couple of questions… My wifes iphone is so full of images etc. to the extent of not being able to update to thelatest ios… however Ive created here a folder as told here to select all and upload her photo/video files to her My Cloud folder via the app.  This fails soon after starting the uploads saying you have reached your upload limit!  I cant figure how/why theres a limit…

second question is if we want to save our holiday snaps etc… into a designated folder how can we let close friends/family view only that folder and not others on the public access?

Cheers

to select all and upload her photo/video files to her My Cloud folder via the app.

What app are you using?

Are you accessing via WiFi on your local (home) network?

What is giving the ‘upload limit’ warning?  Is it the MyCloud App, or is it the iPhone’s data limit (i.e. is it trying to use mobile data, rather than WiFi, and hitting a contract data limit)?

If you can’t get the MyCloud App to work, I’d try to use a file manager app (FileBrowser?) on the iPhone to connect to the MyCloud locally, and use the MyCloud as a network-connected drive.

second question is if we want to save our holiday snaps etc… into a designated folder how can we let close friends/family view only that folder and not others on the public access

Create a private ‘Family’ share, and put your shared photos on that.  Create a user account for each family member, and give them access to the ‘Family’ share/folder. You can give them read access or full (read/write/delete) access.

The ‘Public’ folder is only visible to people on your local network (wired or WiFi); it’s not visible outside your network to the general public, only to people you create user accounts for. Don’t put anything in the ‘Public’ folder that you don’t want all of your Users to see.

The User Manual will tell you how to create Shares and Users.