Shared folder

Is there a time limit on shared folder for mycloud home?

Are you expecting something like this? With options for password and expiration and arranged in a Shared List.

Well, unfortunately the My Cloud Home is a little long in the tooth as it is basically a first generation personal cloud that has hardware that is more than 6 years old and software that is deprecating and not improving in features. There are second generation personal cloud storage from other suppliers that are coming on the market that is quite capable, but more expensive by half or more.

If your unit is more than two years old which is the length of the warranty, have a look at the second generation units and if you got more than 2 years of use, considered the MCH well worn and that you got your money’s worth.

I am asking this question because someone who has a shared folder with me continues to receive a message of a time limit expiration.
I have to send him another invite to share the folder.
My Mycloud home has been fine for over 2 years.

If you notice the links to this thread from Oct 2023 where a WD KBA link was given,

Content: My Cloud Home: Share File and Directory Content

Well that link has been removed because the feature was most likely deprecated.

So whatever folder you set up for collaboration has or is expiring and as you noted, you have repeated the invitation.

The only feature available now is the invitation to collaborate:

Web App

1. Open a browser and log into mycloud.com.

2. Click the 3-line menu or open the browser in full-screen mode.

3. Click Files & Folders.

4. Create a new folder if no folders to be shared exist by selecting the three dots in the upper left hand corner of the page.

5. Name the folder.
    Click CREATE.

6. Choose the folder to be shared.

7. Click the share icon in the upper left hand corner.
    Click Invite to collaborate.

8. Click the + symbol to see a of members. Click INVITE.