Shall you send an email to users if there is an issue prohibiting them from accessing their my cloud home or duo?

Regarding your October 1st, 2021 update about the proxy issue, I spent a whole day trying to figure what is going on when my cloud home drive is offline. I highly recommend that WD send emails to users once they are not able to access their drive so that it saves time on our end.

Also, not being able to access our drive really make my cloud home devices unreliable to your users. Occasionally, it is acceptable with a warning.

1 Like

Hi @Kan,

We experienced an issue with our service that brought your My Cloud Home or ibi device offline.

We understand that your data is important to you, and the content on your device is not at risk from this outage.The issue has been addressed with an update that is now available.

The update will install automatically within a few hours, or you may speed up the process by power cycling the unit once.

The only issue is some of us who are in the UK or other EU countries havent recieved at an update and we have restarted out devices and still are offline.