Serious issue with WDBWLG0030HBK (WD Elements 3TB external drive)

I have a serous problem with an external drive I borrowed from my friend to perfom a hard drive restore on another PC.

It seems that at the moment of usb driver instalation, drive was resetted, and some data seems to be corrupted. When I connect drive now, I get this:
11.png

The overral size of drive, recognized by windows now is very confusing to me:

Here, we can see that disk management tells a story of a drive that is only 32GB:

I was confused, of course, so I downloaded Data Lifeguard, and just red the S.M.A.R.T. status, and I got even more confused. Data Lifeguard, also tells a story of 34GB hard drive, with all other correct information (i.e. hard drive name and S.M.A.R.T. status)

Western Digital Data Lifeguard diagnostics

So, can someone PLEASE tell me how to fix, starting, how to correctly recognize hard drive on PC, and later how to fix MBR and other things…

Thank You all!

Welcome to the Community.

Unfortunately, I am inclined to believe the platters have malfunctioned. If this is the case then it would be best to replace the hard drive under warranty.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/

1 Like

I am also inclined to believe that, because I have tried to use TestDISK to scan and repair for MBR, but I have not been able to fix it, because no matter how many times I have tried, HDD always reported that both MBR copies were not good, and HDD presented itself persistently as 30GB, unformated drive.