"Series Overview" Question

Hi Everyone!

I got a WD TV Live for Christmas, and am liking it a lot. However, there is one thing that annoys me I hope you can help me with.

I have the unit set to use Windows file shares. I keep organize my files like this: [SHARE] > [SHOW] > [SEASON] > episode, like this:

[VIDEO SHARE]

[DEXTER]

[SEASON 1]

Episode 1

Episode 2

[SEASON 2]

Episode 1

Episode 2

When I first set up the unit, the file share was set to read-only. I figured the WDTV would store the metadata on itself (kind of like how iTunes keeps its metadata seperate from your music files). I didn’t see any option to have the WD unit add metadata to the files, and figured it must be broken in the current firmware or something. So I manually downloaded the metadata from TheTVDB.com using the XML Converter (link upon request). So now my file share looks like this:

[VIDEO SHARE]

[DEXTER]

[SEASON 1]

Episode 1.mp4

Episode 1.xml

Episode 1.jpg

Episode 2.mp4

Episode 2.xml

Episode 2.jpg

[SEASON 2]

Episode 1.mp4

Episode 1.xml

And so on. The metadata looks great for each episode, but in Gallery View each show has blank information at the root level of the show. So, for example, if you click through to the Dexter Season folders, you get a plot summary and cast for each episode. But if you back out to the root folder (“Dexter”) you get a bunch of empty space ("Plot:                Cast:         ).

My question is… How can I add the “series overview” to the root of each series folder? The XML Converter shows that the information exists:

I just can figure out how to add it to root. Does anyone have the XML schema for series overviews?

Thanks fof the help, and please let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Rave on!

Tuna

Unfortunately, there’s no way of appending “Metadata” to a “folder-level” view.