Separating computers & OS compatability

New to this whole cloud thing. Before I make a purchase I have some questions. 1. I have learned from here that you can’t partition My Cloud drive, so how would I keep backups from 2 different computers completely separate? Would I have to assign some type of private folders to each one? 2. Windows 7 & 8 are supported, am I correct in assuming that Windows 8.1 is also supported?

Thanks in advance for you input.

The My Cloud is a network attached storage device. Any OS (be it Windows, Macintosh or Linux) on the local network can access it using the OS included File Explorer/Finder program.

If you use the included Smartware program the software will back up each computer to a separate folder within the default Smartware Share (folder) on the My Cloud.

I would suggest you take some time to read through the WD My Cloud User Manual if you haven’t done so already to get a feel for how things work on the My Cloud and its various options/features.

One can read about the Smartware program and how to operate it by reading the Smartware User Manual.

Thanks, questions answered, I’ll check both out.