Self diagnotics not completing

Hi,

I have 2x 4tb MyCloud devices, and have recently been having issues with the older one, which I have been discussing with support, but thought I might run it by people here also.

The history:

• Initially it became extremely slow compared to the newer one, following a firmware upgrade. It also reported being quite full, and deleting a substantial amount of data didn’t change the usage figure for some reason. (even deleting was exceptionally slow)
  • After talking with support, and trying some of the things I’ve read on here, it became time to do a full system restore - this took about 24 hours to complete, which I don’t know if this is normal or not.
  • Following the system restore, it’s back to normal speed, at 1% full slightly quicker than the newer drive at 62% full, both on a single large file transfer, and a huge bundle (29,000 odd) of small files transferred - no problems there any more.

The current problem:

• Given the dramas above, I thought doing the system diagnostics tests a good idea.
  • Did the quick test - got stuck at 90% and wouldn’t complete.
  • Cancelled the quick test, tried the full test - same result - stuck at 90%.
  • Cancelled the full test, rebooted via the dashboard.
  • Did the quick test - it completed this time, all ok.
  • Started the full test before going to bed, by morning at 90%, come home from work some 12 hours later still at 90%.

Also, sometimes I get the message “Smart test bad request. (400157)” when starting a test (either NAS), it says the test passed straight after, but it doesn’t seem to have run.

So, any ideas what might be preventing the full test from completing? Are there other comprehensive tests I can run (not on the dashboard) to check the health of the NAS?

Cheers,
biqua

I believe the unit should be replaced, and it’s possible for the Support team to arrive at the same conclusion. Particularly so if a factory reset did not address the issue.

Mine too stuck at 90% on the quick.test, if I could even open the unit dashboard to try. Could not access data either. When I was able to access it it was very slow, like 2 minutes to refresh the dashboard. Tried unplugging, sys restore, changing network settings,
A solution that worked for me: I disabled REMOTE ACCESS. (and the test that was stuck on 90% finished within seconds), the dashboard worked fast too… I re-enabled the remote access and the unit is normal.

Yes, I had same problem. check your browser security. Both Chrome and explorer do not execute what they consider “risky” scripts. WD does not test to see if their script runs so it just hangs. Both browsers can be enabled to run scripts from a specific source. Its different for each browser.
BTW, each time I contacted support they blamed the cheap HD they sold with the mycloud. (Yes, they sell WD onedrive with somebody else’s hd!) The thing they are competent at (HDrives)- they don’t include with poor software which they are not good at. Then have the nerve to blame the other disk manf. Go - Figure!

It should be noted the single bay/single drive My Cloud units use the WD Red hard drive. They are not cheap HD’s when compared to the other WD hard drives. If one’s single bay/single drive My Cloud contained a different manufacturer’s hard drive its possible that My Cloud unit was used and the previous owner replaced the hard drive before returning/selling it.

Hello there, I am from Brazil​:+1::blush: I noticed that self diagnostics stucked every time at 90 % and It has to do with cloud access. That is crazy, but when I deleted the cloud devices I reached 100 % again at quick test from wdmycloud.local/ui/. I hope it helps…