Security system Replacement camera

I have the WD four camera security system.
I want to replace one or two of the cameras with a 8mm or 12mm camera.
The company informed me that there are other cameras compatible with this system but they did not provide me with any names.
Please let me know if you know of any cameras compatible with the system.
LA

Hi there,

I added the following camera to my WD system: UNV 4MP IP WDR Weatherproof IR Turret Security Camera with Built-In Mic and 2.7~12mm Motorized Zoom Lens (IPC3634ER3-DPZ28)

Got it via eBay, OK price. Working fine when connected directly to the NVR. Would work via a PoE switch, too. I have two other UNV cameras with a 2.8 mm lens connected.

I would think that other models would work, too, but I used UNV because it is the OEM for the WD system.

Do you recall if the camera network config auto set up or did you manually enter primary and gateway ip ?

Did you use wd gateway xontrollwr 172.16.0.1 or did you use network router gateway ip 192.168 etc.

I have an onfv camera that operates stand alone that blocks streaming attached to wd box. Shows as active connected and will not stream.

The Onvif IP camera I added got its IP from a router, (192.168.x.x range), not the WD box. I had it connected to a separate PoE switch, it would not work when connected to the WD box directly. I also had a cheap Onvif wireless camera added to the camera list, again on 192.168.x.x. Set their IP address to static via router. Both cameras were not made by WD or UNV.

The UNV cameras work either way, even connected to the WD box directly.

Hi gene131,
Them are some nice cams in your link.
How are the features adapted to the WD NVR?
i.e. Would I be able to control all the features of the UNV thru the WD NVR?

What about the ReadyView app compared to the UNV app.

Thanks

While I cannot really speak about all existing features of the 3 UNV cameras I have (I do not use some of the “intelligent” options), when connected through the browser, the WD NVR allows controlling the optical zoom, audio works, recording and playback works, all is good. The ReadyView iOS app is just another UI slapped on the original UNV app, with some (big) limitations (no audio, cannot use optical zoom, only digital, picture freezes if zooming in too much, playback options are different, device management options are non-existent, etc). You can install the EZ View app along the WD app and compare them. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Good info Thanks!