Security re: EX2100 and Ipod Touch 6th Gen

Me and my family like to keep our cloud private, I was a bit concerned that a visitor using our house wifi, downloaded the app via apple, spotted the ex2100 as a local device and got access to all the shares on the Ex2100 device with no restriction. We all used a code before we could obtain initial access ?? He was able to download, view play everything. We have the share servers like Timemachine etc switched off for the shares but that makes no difference to this issue whatsoever. I use it for work too and have had to remove my work stuff for security reasons.
We do not use the public share, we all have our own shares.
This thing is not secure at all.
I have read the manual again and there seems nothing I can do to stop this.
Any one have a solution ?

Even if you do not use the standard Public share, if the shares assigned to other family members are public with no dedicated access permissions set in the the Dashboard then they will be treated as Public shares. The media server is also independent from Cloud access, which needs to be turned off in a per-share basis.

If your permissions are set correctly within the Dashboard then I’d recommend contacting WD Support about this. You can do so in the following link:

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Hi Trancer, thanks for the reply.

No one has anything public. I checked this. I went through the dashboard settings of every share. Media servers are all on “off” too. We can all just see our own shares in the permissions. That the worrying part. Access to everything was so simple on this ipod touch. I am looking at the wifi router but it just stops access to everything for everyone.

I will leave it a few more days, if no one has anything else I will forward to support.

Thanks, Tom.