Sector count and DlgDiag problems

I have a WD Blue WD10EZEX. 1TB, 7200RPM, HDD.

My first problem is that my PC always attempts to repair and scan this drive every time I boot up my PC, I’ve also experienced corrupted files on this drive.

After looking at S.M.A.R.T data it looks like the “Current pending sector count” is having errors on the programs.
HD Tune Pro reports that I have 263 unstable sectors on the drive.

I’m not too sure what to do about this problem but what I have done so far is download WD’s LifeGuard Diagnostics tool however I’m having another problem with that when it comes to the extended test.

I’ve performed quick tests on the drive that’s having errors and it passed fine. However when I run an extended test the scan gets stuck on a sector and won’t advance, the estimate time remaining keeps going up and up into the thousands of hours. I’ve been performing the scan for 20 minutes and the current sector number won’t change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide more information if needed.

Update:

DlgDiag extended test ended with an error message “Too many bad sectors detected”.

Sector Failure affecting one of the venerable but so-far-trustworthy WD7500AYYS data drives on my workstation is recognized first by the Win10-64 Pro O/S, but then also by WD’s Dlgdiag Extended Diagnosis. After all the sectors are analyzed, the dialog box presented says “Test found bad sectors that may be repairable”, with Repair or Close as the action options. I don’t necessarily want to try to repair them, as I would rather just give up the drive space for better reliability. But the documentation does not make clear whether, if I press Close, the bad sectors will have already been marked as such, or if that occurs only if “Repair” is chosen. Does someone on the forums know the answer?

Helloooo! Might there be anyone inside WD who is monitoring these conversations, for the purpose of possibly answering our questions or referring us to those who can? Thx.