Seagate Goflex 2TB Network Drive only found as Media Library

I just recently got WDTV Live Streaming. I’ve been able to play my files from my Seagate GoFlex Network Drive via Media Library thru axentraserver:root. It works great and plays everything.

But I am having an issue of it not finding my Seagate Goflex Network Drive as Network Share so I can take advantage of the Dashboard.

Has anyone figured out how to configure Seagate Goflex Network Drive to be found as a Network Share? Or am I just totally out of luck since I bought this stupid drive at Costco *shrug*

1 Like

I figured it out. I’ll just post how to do it incase someone needs to set it up

On Seagate Dashboard:

1. Make sure to check your login in name which on the top right of the Seagate Dashboard Window (ie Welcome “username”)

2. Click Preferences Launch

3. Few things to check here

3.a. User Preference- In case you forgot your password, Change Password- reason being if you place the wrong password on WD TV Live SMP you have to Reset the player to Factory Default. Once you mess up the Username/Password it saves it forever even if it’s wrong

3.b. Server Preference > Network Sharing > Workgroup Name- Make sure to remember what it is. Seagate defaults it to MSHOME while WD TV Live SMP is WORKGROUP. I left it to MSHOME

On WD TV Live SMP:

1. Settings > System > Clear Data- Do a full wipe

2. Settings > Network > Change Workgroup- make sure to match it with what Seagate has or vice-versa

3. Settings > System > Media Library > Media Library for Network Shares- GOFLEX should appear as one on the options. Make sure to input the correct username/password. Otherwise start again from step 1. If done correctly it should start compiling :slight_smile:

Hope this helps anyone who has a similar issue

If you enter the wrong UID / Password on the WD, you can clear it WITHOUT resetting to factory defaults…  

Setup / Network / Clear Login Info

thx for the tip, it’s just weird that it’s on a different menu

3.b. Server Preference > Network Sharing > Workgroup Name- Make sure to remember what it is. Seagate defaults it to MSHOME while WD TV Live SMP is WORKGROUP. I left it to MSHOME

Note that if you want to network any other components in addition to the the WDTV and the drive (e.g.  computers in the home)  they ALL need to be in the same WORKGROUP to connect to one another, and in your case, that’s MSHOME.