Scorpio Black 320 failure

Hey, I own an emachines E528 laptop, and the hard drive recently failed.  I had it looked at by a service technition who confirmed that the problem was a logical error.  I looked online and the laptop is not under warrenty by emachines anymore.  So the technition told me to check here and luckily, my hard drive is still under warrenty.  I am trying to get an RMA, but the process seems pretty complicated.
How can I get a replacement hard drive, preferably soon? 

Hi when you buy a prebuilt system or laptop it comes with a one year warranty on all parts. The hard drive would be a oem drive and covered by emachines for one year. Western Digital will not rma your oem drive you need to buy a new drive. How did you find out it was still under warrenty the tech that told you a oem drive would be replaced by WD is wrong. If you go here http://support.wdc.com/warranty/index_end.asp?lang=en    you can check the warrenty and if by some strange fault its ok you can start the rma from that page also. I would just call WD and ask them about the drive.

That is correct, the warranty on a OEM drive is honored by the computer manufacturer.