Safepoint Problem

I’m tryng to set up a safepoint,

I choose my iMac,

It asks me for my Device Login.

I logged into my iMac with my AppleID & Password but My Cloud is telling me that this information is invalid.

What is the Device Login if it isn’t the details I actually use to log into the device???!!

Please help I’m having a meltdown.

Hannah x

hannahskellam wrote:

I’m tryng to set up a safepoint,

I choose my iMac,

It asks me for my Device Login.

I logged into my iMac with my AppleID & Password but My Cloud is telling me that this information is invalid.

What is the Device Login if it isn’t the details I actually use to log into the device???!!

Please help I’m having a meltdown.

Hannah x

• *> A safepint is a snapshot of your My Cloud device.> Your My Cloud is a computer in itself and when you set it up you established a userid and password on the My Cloud. Perhaps you used your AppleID and password and perhaps not. You cand reset your My Cloud to original specs without removing any personal files. Please refer to the user manual pg 109 for instructions.> Have you configured your iMac and Time Machine (the MAC backup program) to use your My Cloud as it’s target?

I’m sorry I don’t understand…

When it says ‘Device Login’ is it asking me to log into my iMac or WD My Cloud?

Because I have to log into my My Cloud anyway to set up a Safepoint, so at this stage, I have already logged in, haven’t I?..

I have set up my Timemachine to Back up my Mac to My Cloud incase it’s stolen but I’d also like my My Cloud to back up to my iMac incase it fails.

Thanks x

I’ve not used one of the computers that are backed up to My Cloud as a target for Safepoint creation. However when I launch Smartware (pc equivalent of time machine) I notice that my target for backup is requesting log in credentials; if I wait a minute or sowithout doing anything in the program the credentials are found and everything then works as I expect.