Safepoint is incredibly frustrating

I’ve ironed out all my previous issues with my MyCloud. They were a combination of vague marketing promises and higher-than-supported expectations. But whatever - it is what it is, and I’m moving forward.

My latest problem is, uh, vexing. I cannot, no matter what I do, get Safepoint to work. AT ALL. I can see my external HD (USB, not network), and I can create a sharepoint. But after that, it’s just a mess. The sharepoint never finishes. When it finally finishes (I think?) I can’t locate it. The files are on the HD (if I connect it to my MacBook directly), but Safepoint can’t/won’t see them. Restoring from Safepoint is also not happening.

What the **bleep** am I doing wrong? This doesn’t seem like an especially complex manuever for a hard drive + backup software. Right?

I’m using Mac OSX Yosemite (issue was identical in Mavericks). Latest version of WD desktop/dashboard, and MyCloud firmware. External is a 3TB Seagate USB drive.

Thanks.

I’m in the same boat as you… I have a MacBook Pro with Yosemite and trying to do things through dashboard is very glitchy. I think I’m going to try to go through my Windows machine and see if it’s zippier. However, I get many times when my safepoint does not auto update correctly. I’m deleting the safepoint I’ve had for quite awhile and trying from scratch again. I’m afraid to upgrade to the latest firmware, since the last time I did, when it all seemed to be working, I started having connection problems, that still persist…

Good to know its not just me. I also experience times when the cloud just disconnects - this is at home on my local network. But the idea of not having the mycloud shares backed up is making me nervous.

I’ve tried 2 approaches with no luck whatsoever:

1. I’ve attached a freshly formatted my passport ultra to the mycloud. The safepoint software searches for a partition, the box clears and the safepoint software then immediately stops. I have 2 options: back up or cancel.

2. I try using my PC. It asks for my user name and password. my login credentials do not work. It’s not clear as to which credentials are being asked for. I’ve used my PC credentials and my WD credentials. No luck.

I’m at the point where I think the WD software is trash and I’ve wasted my $$$.