RSS Feeds

Is anyone using this? I just tried to add an RSS feed via the web interface and I was able to add a folder but not a feed. Clicking “Add” doesn’t seem to do anything. Only “Cancel” seems to work. After backing out and going back to the RSS management page, the folder I added is not there either. Any success with this?

You may try resetting the hub, by holding its reset button for 4 seconds.  If you are already in the latest firmware try a roll back, if you are not on the latest then you may try to  update.

Vadir wrote:

You may try resetting the hub, by holding its reset button for 4 seconds.  If you are already in the latest firmware try a roll back, if you are not on the latest then you may try to  update.

Are you giving this as a stock answer or do you know that it will help with RSS feeds?

I guess… (1) nobody uses it or (2) nobody cares or (3) those that use it have no problems so have no need to visit the forum and (4) it probably doesn’t do what I want it to do anyway which is play media from rss feeds.

I just tried setting up RSS feeds from msnbc,. I was able to set up the feeds from my computer by:

1. Browse to the desired feed’s website

2. select the WD Discovery application as the playback device. That opens the WD user interface, where RSS Feeds can be added.

3. Select ‘Add Subscription’

4. copy and paste the RSS’ URL (web address) into the WD ‘Add Subbscription’ text box

5. Save the settings

The RSS feeds were listed on my WD Live Hub device, but when I tried to play the videos, there was only a thumbnail displayed.

I hope that this is helpful.

Now, can someone please tell me if this procedure is correct and how I can actually watch the RSS videos?