RMA returns

Hi there,

Is this normal to expect the consumer to pay for the return of a faulty device by Western Digital? I need to return a diskless My Cloud EX2 Ultra device and have to cover the cost of the return.

As there is no local franchise in Australia

• I need to send it to Vietnam
• I have to pay for it myself
• It’s going to cost a minimum of $60 AU (approx. $52 US) from the estimation calculator but it could be more – this is via Australian Post and not a courier
• There is no option outside of US & Europe to put a deposit down to have a replacement sent first
• The turnaround time is 2 weeks (not including shipping time to Vietnam of 6+ days) which is the cheapest shipping option
• Realistically I am going to be approx a month without my NAS with shipping to and from / and a replacement time of 2 weeks

I find this pretty ridiculous to put the cost of a faulty product back onto the consumer, especially given the cost of an EX2 Ultra and the product being faulty.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hello FabioCaponi,

I checked your information in our system. We have escalated your concern to the RMA team. Some one will contact you shortly.

thanks Peter.g someone has been in touch , unsure if this is from your escalation or the ticket I logged originally. Ref WD Case (081617-12240861)