Ripping Movies to External HD with AnyDVD

Hi All,

Is there any way to delete unwanted titles when ripping directly to external HD using AnyDVD? I also use Make MKV and and I am able to copy exactly what I want. I did notice that the ripped files using Any DVD were TS files. Any way to produce .mkv files without using Handbrake?

Thanks,

Bry

BGWhite wrote:

Hi All,

Is there any way to delete unwanted titles when ripping directly to external HD using AnyDVD? I also use Make MKV and and I am able to copy exactly what I want. I did notice that the ripped files using Any DVD were TS files. Any way to produce .mkv files without using Handbrake?

Thanks,

Bry

Have you used AnyDVD?  Or is this a general question?  If you have AnyDVD you should know that under Video DVD settings there is a setting that allows you to rip main title only.

As to your next question: 

1.  Handbrake is an H.264 ENCODER front first and foremost.  It allows you to encode your video with H.264.  MKV is just a container.   

2.  MKVMerge merges different video and audio steams into an MKV file without doing any encoding. 

3.  AVIDemux can also merge different streams into an MKV by COPYING different video and audio streams from one container into the MKV container.  OR it can TRANSCODE streams in one container into the same or a different container (for example copy streams OR transcode streams in an AVI container into an MKV container).

Lunar07 wrote:

BGWhite wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Bry

Have you used AnyDVD?  Or is this a general question?  If you have AnyDVD you should know that under Video DVD settings there is a setting that allows you to rip main title only.

As to your next question: 

1.  Handbrake is an H.264 ENCODER front first and foremost.  It allows you to encode your video with H.264.  MKV is just a container.   

2.  MKVMerge merges different video and audio steams into an MKV file without doing any encoding. 

3.  AVIDemux can also merge different streams into an MKV by COPYING different video and audio streams from one container into the MKV container.  OR it can TRANSCODE streams in one container into the same or a different container (for example copy streams OR transcode streams in an AVI container into an MKV container).

Lunar07

Thanks for the reply. I have just started using AnyDVD and am experimenting. I did rip only the main title as you mentioned and was pleased with the results. Also, it did not take long. Unfortunately, I had a hard time finding it on the WDLive menu when I went to test it. Probably need to experiment with th file naming :)). I also Handbraked (latest build) a couple and was impressed, especially with the quality and the small file size. The only downside was the 2 hr processing time but from previous experience with other transcoding programs, that is the nature of the beast.  I also found the forums on the Slysoft site but they are mostly concerned with copying DVDs to disc with Clone DVD. This site is awesome and I thank you for all the help.

Bry

BGWhite wrote:
Any way to produce .mkv files without using Handbrake?

Sure, with MakeMKV.