Yes there is:
* mkdir /home/restore
* go to the restore screen in the WebUI
* select “Restore Files, system info and database” (1st option)
* click next
* use the restore navigator and drill down until you file the VM files to recover.
* select the file
* click the “Redirection” tab in the restore screen
* use the drop down menu to populate the FROM option
* use the drop down menu to populate the TO option
NOW THE TWO OPTIONS ARE INDENTICAL!
* modify the TO option and replace !vStorage:/path/to your VM/file
Click Restore and the .vmdk file will be recovered to /home/restore/VMDK-FILE.txt
Or you can select the entire VM and restore all the contents to /home/restore/