Restore from a backup to a USB drive

I have a MyCloud EX4 which I have used without problem for a couple of years. The system had two WD Red 4TB configured in RAID 0. I have just purchased another WD Red 4TB drive to move my system to a RAID 5 configuration. Putting aside discussion on WD’s abysmal lack of documentation on the steps to follow when making these sorts of changes, I did find out that the change from RAID 0 to RAID 5 is a destructive one and that the data had to be backed up prior to the change. Unspoken in the threads I read was that a restore activity would have to be performed to get the data back onto the EX4.

Prior to adding the third drive and initiating the format change, I backed up my EX4 to a USB drive attached to the USB port on the EX4 using the USB backups option on the EX4’s Backups Tab. The backup completed successfully, so I started the format change. That too completed successfully (it’s just doing a RAID parity check now), so now I need to restore from the back-up. Try as I might, I can’t find a restore option, nor can I find a description in any of the posts or WD documentation that describes how a restore from a USB backup is achieved!

Can anyone provide any direction or help with this?

Thanks in advance!

USB backups are not encrypted. You should be able to copy/paste the information within your USB drive into your NAS after the RAID volume has been rebuilt.