Reset Factory MyCloudHome. Why is this procedure taking so long?

Hello,

I know this thread is old, but It might help people… So I suffered for hours, but managed to get it right.

The first thing you wanna do is go on your mycloud account, in the settings, and detach your s*** My Cloud Home. If you get a error, you can yell a little, go have a beer and come back. Then you can try to do the 60 seconds reset (which won’t work at this point), which in my case allowed me to detach the device. Once that is done, you will be looking for this device. Do not waste your time trying to connect it manually with the code, I wasted an hour. At this point, the 60 seconds reset will reboot your device, but the light will be flashing rapidly and won’t connect. What you need to do it to unplugg the device, go chill a bit, then plug the internet wire, then the power cord. Once its starting, one mistake you can make is to reset it right away… don’t. Give the piece of s*** 5-10 minutes to turn on. From there, if you do to mycloud.com, in the settings, you should be able to detect the device. If MyCloud doest not detect it automatically, do not waste your time and start over. Once you get MyCloud to detect the device, you can start the 60 seconds reset process. Once it’s completed, you will have a slow breathing state for a while and the app will tell you to find it manually, like if it was not detected… thats a lie. You can hear the discs working, that’s because the reset process is running. At one point (it took 15 minutes in my case) the flashing light will stop slow breathing. Nothing will warn you its completed. You now know you are allowed to enter your 9 characters (or digits or both, i guess) code (found undeneath your device). NOW MY CLOUD should be able to finish the process.

Enjoy.