Hi following happens.
- Connected 8x wuh721818ale6l4 drives to a highpoint raid controller 3720A with sata 2x SFF-8643 adapter cables + 8x normal 4pin “molex to sata” power adapter cables … everything was running fine.
- did some test and benchmarks
- Modified the spinup settings on the raidf controllers config management page ( staggered spinnup).
- After a reboot no drive was spinning up anymore.
- put the 8 drives in a backplane - no spinup
- connected a drive only to sata power ( another machine ) - no spinup
- put one of the drives into a usb 3.0 enclosure - spinup working fine
- have taken a new selaed drive connected it to a sata power cable - working fine
conclusion: the raid controller modified some power settings on the drives controller.
how can i undo this ??
i have to put every single drive to a usb 3.0 enclosure an need some hgst or wd software to reset the drives power settings and fix this problem…