[REQUEST] New Features - Please put all your requests in this thread

1.  I would like to see an option that allows me to leave the subtitles formatting, font, placement, size, color, etc alone.  I don’t want the WD TV Live to override the built in settings of my subtitle streams, it causes problems.

2.  I want the WD TV Live to respect control characters such as brackets that are sometimes used to comment out text in subtitle scripts, it is really disruptive when watching something and I get a full screen of text because of some comments in the subs that weren’t supposed to be seen.

Don’t know why it was removed…but,

DV file format support please!

Raw video should be supported out of the box, especially when a bunch of complex codecs already are.

Files encoded with AAC audio should play all 6 channels, not just 2.

aspect ratio

In the old WDTV, movies were shown with black bars on top and at the bottom on an old 4:3 TV type

Why can’t they include the same aspect ratio option on the new WDTV live so I can watch the without being completely stretched or with with black bars on all four sides

1 Like

It would be nice to have new feature, but  a really good 1 would be to  start  fixing the current issues,

1 of the many issues would be to fix the audio sync would be very nice so i can watch movies etc on it.

I dont think WD should worry to much about new feature when they cant even get the simple thing working.

New feature right now would mean more problems.

Item 7 - Volume control, not a good idea. Who uses the analogue stereo output ?

Example:   In the setup for my sattelite decoder I have set audio to digital and fixed output.

Unfortunately the fixed output only works on 3 digital channels, the analogue channels remain variable. My wife would lower the volume with the decoder remote, then later turn up the volume with the amp’s remote. Can you imagine what happens when someone changes to a digital channel. I’ve solved the problem by investing in a Logitech Harmony remote and locked away all the other remotes.

I use the analog audio output. And the volume levels between the diffetent channels are not ok. The mid center channel (speach) is a lot softer than the other channels.

Gapless audio(all supported audio type), compatibily with external USB DVD/BLURAY Drives, and play the audio cd - this is possible?

They’ve added an idea forum! Use that instead!

I was very surprised there are no playlists on WDTV.

A full playlist management would be of course very welcomed, but at least it would be very nice to have the option to ad songs to an “on the go” playlist just as in the ipod.

Just my 0.02$! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Fede

1 Like

Maybe instead of new features they can focus on making the old ones work!

Seriously though, a play all feature would be nice. My son is a Blue’s Clues fanatic and it would be nice to be able to just go to the folder and hit play all.

Others have requested HULU and other websites like YOUTUBE, I’d like to add TED to that list.

http://www.ted.com

Also many of the pages supported in PlayOn.

Thanks in advance.

almost all ideas are covered here…

just to add they do not forget the WDTV 1st generation owners when they upgrade the firmware.

A big request to please, please, please incorporate raw DV AVI output in the next firmware upgrade.  Seems simple enough.  Many of us have hundreds of gigs of home videos backed up on hard drives in the raw format.

GOOD POINT! I have never been so disappointed at anything in my hole life. This TV live **bleep** just ■■■■■!

While watching video… sometimes it just stops working. With no reason. It just stops. On wireless.

Somethimes u just cannot access your media shares. Everything is working right, u can access file from comp to comp. But on WDTV is just NOT working! 

Youtube is NOT WORKING AND IT NEVER WAS! (i changed my wd tv live due to firmware.12 fiasco).

I would like have access to my pictures on picassaweb. And myriad other things wich are free of charge. But I will be extremely happy if things you are advertising are working right.

It’s been mentioned many times but I’ll mention it again.  There is a section here in the forums where you can place your ideas for new features and vote for ideas already there. Do a search to make sure your idea is not there already.  Place a vote by clicking the big arrow at left.

Here is the link: http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/ideaexchangepage/blog-id/idea

1. a full on web browser a la Opera on the Wii

if possible, something better than that… the Wii browser is not the best i’ve seen :smiley:

prometej wrote:

While watching video… sometimes it just stops working. With no reason. It just stops. On wireless.> I agree.> Same thing happens to me on wired network and usb drives. It hangs on all types of video files so often that I can’t use it. It hangs so bad that I have to unplug it and plug it back in.> It is very annoying when it hangs 1 hour and 30 min into a two hour movie and you have to get up unplug it plug it in the open the file again and ff at 16x to the point where it hanged.> I had to quit using the device and am praying for an update that will make it usable.> Oh I have two units so it is either a design flaw or I have two broken units…> * * *

1. DVD Menu support - My Iomega Screenplay supported this and worked really well.

2. DV AVI - Ive got loads of DV footage backed up but dont want to convert for quality loss etc.

3. More Picture Control - Contrast,Colour and Sharpness

Thanks

Yes. That is great idea. Playlist with ad on. There is no sulution for making your own playlist on WDTV. You can find that kind of playlist ( usualy audio list) on some very old DVD/Divx players, but not on this? Now, I must use my old dvd player and burn mp3 on dvd to play music on New year eve party at home. Unbeliveble :frowning: