Renew USB Sync setting on USB device?

Hi,

I have a USB drive attached to my WDTV live hub. When I first attached the drive a couple of weeks ago, I cancelled the “sync with usb” question and just went with browsing the content on the usb via the folder view. Now I want to enable sync with that USB device, but cannot find a way to renew the syncing option on the drive.

I have tried restarting the hub without the USB device attached, and then re-attaching the drive, but it goes straight into compiling the library rather than giving me the choice to sync or not.

I’d appreciate any advice on what I should be doing — I’m sure I must be missing something obvious!

Thanks.

From the WDTV Livehub UI (main screen) go to Setup > Operation > Sync From USB Storage

Thank you — I have already selected that option before starting and reconnecting the USB device. The trouble is that even with this choice enabled, the Hub doesn’t prompt me to sync or cancel…

mallard wrote:

From the WDTV Livehub UI (main screen) go to Setup > Operation > Sync From USB Storage

Is the usb drive locked (password protected)?

Is Media Library Compilation “On”?   Setup>System>Media Library

Thank you mallard…

mallard wrote:

Is the usb drive locked (password protected)?

Is Media Library Compilation “On”?   Setup>System>Media Library

No, the drive is not locked.

Media Library Compilation is “On” at Setup > System > Media Library

Sync from USB Storage is “On” for all file types at Setup > Operation > Sync From USB Storage

The Hub has Firmware 2.0.17 installed.

I have restarted the Hub and then reconnected the usb drive. All it wants to do is jump straight to “compiling media library” without any dialogue window about syncing the usb drive.

I have also tested the problem by plugging in a different usb drive (a memory-stick rather than a large drive) and in this case the same problem occurs, ie skipping straight to “compiling media library” without any dialogue window about syncing the usb drive.

I feel like I have somehow switched off any syncing and can’t get it to work again!

Did you take the power completely off for about a minute?

This helped me a lot for a lot of general issues I’ve had.

MartinDude wrote:

Did you take the power completely off for about a minute?

This helped me a lot for a lot of general issues I’ve had.

Yep I’ve even had it powered down for over an hour.

No matter what I do, I am unable to trigger the “sync or cancel sync” dialogue when connecting a usb drive to the hub. All I get is an immediate jump to the “compiling media library” action across the top of the screen, no matter what usb device i connect.

I am wondering whether I should re-initialise the hub, if that’s possible, and start over?

I’m running out of ideas. Is the USB drive “read only” by any chance? Manual says that will prevent Library compilation which I think is necessary before the sync process will run.

mallard wrote:

I’m running out of ideas. Is the USB drive “read only” by any chance? Manual says that will prevent Library compilation which I think is necessary before the sync process will run.

OK — I solved the problem by doing a complete reset of the Hub. Not the most pleasant option, but certainly effective. I can now sync to usb devices when I attach them. Who knows what the issue was?!

Thanks very much for your responses and advice — much appreciated!

:smiley: