Rename Unlocker partition name of encrypted drives

Hello,

i use 6 encrypted WD-My Passport external HDD’s on my PC and have the problem that i couldnt differentiate which Unlocker partion is for which encrypted partition. All 6 Unlocker partitions have the same name and i have no possibility to change this name. I wand to give the Unlocker partition a unique name that correspond to the encrypted partition. So that i know which Unlocker partition is for which encrypted partion. All this 6 drives have different password and i only see six Unlocker partitions and dont know which passwords i must use for the specific unlocker. The option to rename or overwrite the driveletters in the Windows registry doesn’t work for me because the driveletters will change when i connect the HDDs in differnt order. It would be great if you can add an option to the “WD Security” Software, so that i can change the Unlocker partition name when i enable the drive encryption.

Many thanks and best regards…
Tim

Hi,

There is no such possibility. So, you may look for alternatives like using WD Security Auto Unlock feature. The device will auto unlock and be accessible to anyone using the currently logged-in user profile on that PC only: WD Security: Auto Unlock Feature