Remote Shutdown with iPad / iPhone

I would like to be able to power down my MyBook World Edition remotely from an iPad 1 over my home network wifi.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if it is, how to go about it?

I’ve looked into it a little, but without much success.

For example, I’ve tried a free iOS app called ServerControl, and although I was able to configure it to send a message to the MyBook, it failed to shut it down. I didn’t really expect that this app would work since it’s advertised as a way of remotely closing down Windows machines, but it was free so I thought I’d give it a go!

I have practically no knowledge of TCP/IP or DHCP; I’m knowledgeable enough to know that what I’m trying to do might be achieved using ssh, but I don’t have the chops to go down that route.

The MyBook is connected to an ethernet port on my router which is a generic item manufactured by Thompson and issued as standard by my ISP (Plusnet in the UK).

Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks

Not possible by normal means as far as I know. Maybe through ssh as you say, but don’t know a lot about that.

Maybe you can remotely using your IPad/IPhone by enter your World Edition IP in your browser…after that you can shutdown or reboot your storage.

The solution isn’t that complicated unless I am missing something in your question.  Simply login to the admin pages and select either Shutdown or Reboot in Basic Mode.