Remote Cloud Access

Do I need to enable the remote cloud access in Setting → Cloud Access → Remote Access in the configuration UI, if I just need to access files within LAN.

I tried to disable it…my LAN connected IPad became unaccessible to th NAS.

The reason I disable it is to prevend people outside LAN access my NAS (althouh My Cloud has pw protection). I will just turn it on when I go travelling.

I tried to disable it…my LAN connected IPad became unaccessible to th NAS.

No you dont need to have it running, unless as you’ve already stated, need access externally or on you need file access on your IPAD. Alternatively you can install a samba file manager program on your ipad  and access your files via your local lan without the mycloud service. Or you can use FTP on your ipad to also access the files … this is what I use with my wife’s ipad, basically use VLC and set a connection to the NAS to view tv/movies.

I disabled Cloud remote Access…my PC and Android phone can still access NAS with My Cloud app in LAN. Why iPad can’t?

The apps can access the NAS when your device is on your local network and the device that you connect to is the local device.

Maybe you iPad is trying to connect to the device through your remote access account, while the other devices access directly the device through its LAN address?