Remote App on iOS Question

Why is the user interface differenet on the iPhone 4/5 WD remote app from what is on an iPad 3/4?  Meaning the iPhone remote has the A,B,C,D buttons, a power button,etc.  The iPad interface does not.

Good question. :smiley:

Nehptis wrote:

Meaning the iPhone remote has the A,B,C,D buttons, a power button,etc.  The iPad interface does not.

Not sure what you mean…  here’s my iPad 3 running the WD Remote App…

The A/B/C/D and power buttons are surely there…

I’m also on a 3.  I uninstalled.  Rebooted iPad.  Re-installed and it worked!  The version of the app was the same.  Nothing changed on my end other than this time I did a reboot between the unintall / reinstall.

Can someone help me please, I have downloaded the latest version of the app (2.1.10) for my new ipad 4 and it doesn’t have the remote control on it at all. I want to be able to control my WD TV Live with it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but this makes no difference.

This is driving me mad, please help!!

EDIT: Sorry, I’ve just realised that I’ve downloaded the wrong app, I have got the WD TV Live Media HD app for the ipad which doesn’t have a remote control function (despite saying in the description that it allows you to control your WD TV Live). I’ve since downloaded the WD TV Remote app which does have the remote control function I wanted. Wish I’d known that sooner as that is free and I would’ve saved myself £1.99.

Very confusing description on the WD TV Live Media HD app.