Remote access to Transmission?

Hello there guys… Is there any way how to setup remote acces to my Transmission? as I am goin to my parents house and I would love to download stuff remotely from their place to mycloud:)

thanks for every help

I want to do the same thing, with all the apps…
I tried to forward the port in my router, but that isn’t working for me :confounded:

here is what I got so far…

via noip and fowarded port I can SSH into MyCloud from internet… which is fine but still even tho I forwarded the 9091 port on my router I cant somehow get the transmission UI get to work… I even tried app but still no luck… not sure what I am doing wrong

this is my rpc in settings.json:

"rpc-authentication-required": false,
    "rpc-bind-address": "0.0.0.0",
    "rpc-enabled": true,
    "rpc-password": "{116ec45de7b3a0b018a7215ca6d803e214a1609efTjgoT1I",
    "rpc-port": 9091,
    "rpc-url": "/transmission/rpc",
    "rpc-username": "transmission",
    "rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.*.*,192.168.1.12",
    "rpc-whitelist-enabled": true,

I searched on internet for some time and this should be alright… thats why I am not sure why it is stil not working :\

alright now I am getting  this error when trying to connect remotely 

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

Even tho whitelist is disabled… I am lost:D

EDIT: alright:D since I can SSH into mycloud i can actually add torrents via SSH with:

transmission-remote -a MagnetLinkFromWeb

not really fanciest solution but it works… if anyone could help me resolve the IP address so I can use WEB UI or transmission software it would make me really happy :slight_smile:

Should that last comma be there, after the last whitelist IP…?

I suspect it might be trying to see an IP address after it, and deciding blank is invalid…

Ah, no, that’s outside the quote, and is a line terminator.

The error already gave you the hint :stuck_out_tongue:

"rpc-whitelist": "",
"rpc-whitelist-enabled": false,

And please do yourself a favor and set the user/pass before you expose transmission to the net. Don’t forget rpc-authentication-required.

1 Like

Nazar78 wrote:

The error already gave you the hint :stuck_out_tongue:

“rpc-whitelist”: “”,
“rpc-whitelist-enabled”: false,

And please do yourself a favor and set the user/pass before you expose transmission to the net. Don’t forget rpc-authentication-required.

I did it! **bleep** yeah!.. I thought by setting whitelist to false it would completely ignore its settings… wrong… So I turned it back on and set whitelist to:> “rpc-whitelist”: “...”,

also I thought that the whitelist is only for local connection… dont know why I thought that… turned on the authentication and it works! thank you Nazar for pointing it out :slight_smile: