Red Light goes away after reboot

I have a MyCloud PR4100 that is about 3 years old and has worked great. Two times in the past 4 months, the red light underneath drive bay 1 was solid red and the status page indicated a critical issue with drive #1. Each time, I rebooted the enclosure and the red light went away (for over three months the first time and now two days after the latest incident).

Is this just a glitch or should I replace Drive #1? Would rebooting cause the light to turn off if it was really a hard drive failure? There are currently no SMART nor drive errors showing up on the “Storage” page of the MyCloud web interface–although there was a red exclamation point next to drive #1 before I rebooted.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @krypttic,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Have you run a quick or full disk test? What are the raw smart values for the drive? The disappointing WD My Cloud interface does not show the raw values. You can be pulled using SSH smartctl -a /dev/sda for drive a

@krypttic If you do open a support case, please post the results back here on your thread to help other members of the community who may run into the same issue.
I would be interested to see the official diagnostics method used by WD support in the My Cloud Interface.

1 Like