Re: Logging in to the WD Community web site

The registration is the same quality as the WD feedback form is the same as their software on the WD Live TV. Probably written quickly by a hotshot programmer, with no real experience, that doesn’t actually have a second opinion qualilty checking to nsure quality

I had the same problem with registration!  After typing the weird non-word security items fifteen times`and staring at the re-entry of same, I finally back scrolled to the top of the form where I see the words “Password must contain 8 characters”. I found tis classic throughout the WD software… very hard to use if you make a mistake in procedure.

I’m sorry, but unfortunately the Captcha is necessary to prevent us being flooded with spam. 

Thanks for the reply.  Your response addressed a different issue, probably more on topic for this thread, than my off-topic error.

However my response wasnot on topic fr that thread and I have restarted that topic in the thread “Registerin​g form for WD Community Forum”

LarryLLix wrote:

The registration is the same quality as the WD feedback form is the same as their software on the WD Live TV. Probably written quickly by a hotshot programmer, with no real experience, that doesn’t actually have a second opinion qualilty checking to nsure quality

Totally agree!

BTW Sign In into the forum is inside the same form as register button, which is a submit button for that form.

So if you fill in the sign in form and press Enter (instead of clicking Sign In button), you are submitted into the registration form. That is lame!

Bill_S wrote:

I’m sorry, but unfortunately the Captcha is necessary to prevent us being flooded with spam. 

Well, I could understand the Captcha inside registration form, but inside Sign In form as well? It is really hard to read making it difficult to log in sometimes. Have you seen Captcha inside Sign In form in Google, iCloud, Twitter or Facebook? Me not!

We know.  We will change it as soon as we can.

I would not call the programmer hot shot it look like this is just standard web forum software that the have loaded and just configured the images and lables.

The bit of code they have written are buggy at best I have posted for issues I have found in about one hour I am sure if we had time I could discover novel worth or issues.

Hang in there mate, it would scare you if you saw what people try and pas them selves of a programmers these days.