Random photo shows before/after video starts/stops

I looked through the first ten pages and didn’t find my answer.  Hope someone can quickly advise me what to do to fix this.

WD TV Live using firmware version 1.10.13, wired to my router, can access multiple shares on my Win7 64-bit Ult box.  About a week ago my GF was over and was taking pictures of her cat with her cell phone, which is connected to the network via WiFi.

Later on that night I fired up the PC, TV and WD TV.  We found an MKV file to play and right after I pressed the play button one of the pictures on her phone showed on the screen for about three seconds before the MKV started playing!  Then, when I stopped the MKV file the picture showed again!

I am not sure what to do about this.  The picture shows up when I disconnect the wired network cable and plug in a flash drive, my gf isn’t here with her phone, so the picture must be on the WD TV somewhere.  I poked around the settings and reset the media library but that didn’t remove this picture.

How can I fix this?  Also, can I prevent this from happening again?

TIA for any help with this issue.

Try resetting the media player

Since this thread is still somewhat recent … can somebody shed some light as to why this happens? It happened to me recently

Also happening to me.

Firstly, how do we fix it? More importantly WHY is it happening, why and how is the WDTV mining data from other network devices that have not specifically shared anything with it and what is it doing with these photos/ documents and whatever else it’s getting its hands on. Are they being transmitted back to WD? What is going on. This is quite possibly a glitch that has uncovered something more sinister that is going on. Sounds like a serious breach of privacy.

WHY IS THIS DEVICE MINING PEOPLE’S PRIVATE NETWORKS. ANSWERS NOW.

Hello,

Please note that the WD TV will not access the information on your cell phone without your permission. Please make sure you don’t have a software on your phone that might be sharing your media on the network.

Also make sure you are running the latest firmware. Current Firmware - 1.15.10 (3/2013)

All kinds of mobile devices can broadcast and share media to any of the DLNA devices around them.  In the case of my equipment, this doesn’t happen unless I want it to, but perhaps in other cases the owners of the phones, etc. haven’t a clue that they have something in their phone “turned on” to do this, and they darn well need to figure out how to turn it off if they don’t want this happening.  It could be an app or the phone itself.

Agree, The WD (or any other DLNA device) won’t display media unless the media is served to it, so figure out how it is being “served” phone owners, and stop insinuating something “sinister” is going on with the WD.  The “fault” lies with something external and not within the WD.

yep the photo is being sent from some other device

when UPNP/DNLA request is received without valid metadata WD displays the image behind the menu gui

the samsung phones are particularly problematic with there photo viewers, you hit 1 buttom mistakenly and it send the photo to whatever DNLA device is on the network