Quicktime use with MyBook Essential problems - images but no sound!


#1

Hi,

As I frequently do, I logged in my MyBook Essential 1T yesterday to retrieve a Quicktime file in order to watch it and there was an image(the entire file is intact), but no sounds.

About 80% of my Quicktime files are doing the same thing on the external drive and even if I transfer them onto my computer.  The other 20% is ok.

No files are missing…

This is strange and would love to get your help if you have any idea what might be going on.

Thanks for your time.


#2

I think you should try checking with Apple support. You mention that you have the same problem playing the from the computer, therefore is not a problem with the drive. 

You can go to http://support.apple.com for more info on this problem.