Quickly Switching DNS

I’ve done a search on the forum about this but couldn’t find anything.

Is there a quick way to change the DNS server other than going through the lengthy network configuration way in the box?

I use the DNS service from www.unblock-us.com to get the US Netflix here in the UK. For those of you unfamiliar with the service, you basically use their DNS numbers to get access. They either have to go in the WD box or in the router settings. To change Netflix back to the UK server, you have to put in the original DNS numbers back in.

I’ve recently bought a new router (TP-Link TD-W8960N) and am having trouble getting it to save the US DNS settings.

That’s another problem though.

I just wondered if there was a quicker way to change the DNS numbers in the WD box. The remote is so cumbersome.

I found the web interface and the network settings show up on that but I can’t change them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I don’t know of a faster way, but you can connect a keyboard if you want.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Been away from the computer.

Yeah, that would be a lot better than the remote. Still, shame you have to go through all those menus just to get to the DNS. Ah well, i guess there must be no other way then. Ok, thanks! :slight_smile:

If you’re using unblock-us why are you not just using the unblock-us site to change Netflix regions?, there’s no need to manually change the unblock-us DNS to your UK default DNS.
http://unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/
If you want to switch from Netflix US to UK, and vice versa, just go the the unblock-us site and select the Netflix region from the drop down menu, after initially entering the unblock-us DNS on your WD TV for the first time then there’s no need to change the DNS settings again, you can instantly flip between regions via unblock-us.com. I usually change regions by accessing the unblock-us site on my phone, takes all of 30 seconds.