Quick question : MyBook and PS4

Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. I did a search and could not find a definitive answer.

I have bought a WD Mybook with 4TB of space. Can this work as PS4 extrnal hard drive?

Also I have just seen that this is powered… would it of been better to get a MyPassport to use as an external drive for a PS4… or is there no real difference.

Sorry for the questions, and I should have established this before I bought. But the recertified products on here seem to go OOS pretty quickly so I just bought while I had the opportunity… my PS$ is suffering ATM

My Book device can be used with PS4 as an external storage but WD My Passport (Works with PlayStation 4) comes with more features and especially for PS4 devices. You may refer this link for more details:-

https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-gaming-storage.html

I’ve recentely read a good guide on the subject. visit site and just follow the steps and it’s going to be ok.

I think it is possible.

Yes, it is very possible and very easy to do, you don’t need to think too much to do this. I don’t know about My Book, but I tried with others and it worked very well (I had no space on my PS and I needed to play Pokemon Ranger haha). So what you need to do, just find a USB 3.0 cable, plug it into external storage device and to PS4 usb port. Then you need to go to settings, then devices, USB Storage, then select your new drive and choose “Format as Extended Storage”. I hope that I was useful for everybody and have a good game!

Ok so I took your advice here and did the steps
I receive error code (C-41902-6
Saying I have to meet 3 conditions

1. USB 3.0 or later
  2. 250 GB minimum 8tb maximum
  3. Directly connect to PS4
    And I have all 3 conditions

Absolutely, your explanation is spot on! Adding external storage to your PS4 is indeed a straightforward process. While I’m glad to hear it worked well for you with other games, if you’re into Pokémon games, you might want to check out Pokémon Renegade Platinum. By the way, if you’re looking for some extra fun or assistance, there are various cheats and hacks available for this game. Just make sure to use them responsibly and enjoy your gaming experience to the fullest! :video_game::space_invader: