Question hdd control badblocks

On an HDD if a file is downloaded and written to a bad sector and the firmware relocated sector table is full what will happen to this file? will it be recorded or not? will it be recorded and corrupted?

if a disk is showing bad sectors like that, move all of the data to another disk and with WD Lifeguard, erase the disk fully so that spare sectors can be allocated and bad ones flagged.

reallocate is not automatically hdd firmware?

Erased disks will correct back blocks but rarely is firmware for a disk seen. 9/10 it is not the firmware but rather the machine using the disk at issue

I have Seagate and Western Digital HDDs from the year 2000 and these HDDS have badblocks bad sectors and I downloaded important files in these HDDS so I thought these files were saved and corrupted in the bad sectors and if the error correction table is full making it impossible for more corrections files were also saved in these bad sectors?

Old disks as long as they are power occasionally should still work. If they have too many power on hours on them however then it may be wise to get a new disk and consolidate.

I have Seagate and Western Digital HDDs from the year 2000 and these HDDS have badblocks bad sectors and I downloaded important files in these HDDS so I thought these files were saved and corrupted in the bad sectors and if the error correction table is full making it impossible for more corrections files were also saved in these bad sectors?

In my opinion 20 year old hard disks should not be used anymore. But that is besides the point.

I have a 11 year old WD15EADS SATA disk and it still works fine after all these years

Never had issues with it, but I recall when it was new some gripes over performance. Never had issues myself.

my doubt is these HDDS have badblocks bad sectors and I downloaded important files in these HDDS so I thought these files were saved and corrupted in the bad sectors and if the error correction table is full making it impossible for more corrections files were also saved in these bad sectors?

How many hours have you racked up on the disks so far?

Crystal Disk Report can show that value

files are downloaded and saved in the bad sectors (badblock) of the HDD? when the reallocate firmware table is full the files are saved in the badblocks sectors? Are files written to HDD badblocks accessible for burning to DVD?

I like Blu-Ray better as it less prone to be error prone and disks are 25GB and 50GB which hold more photos etc

If the HDD has SMART then does it automatically allocate and isolate bad sectors preventing files from being saved to those bad sectors of the HDD?

From what year SMART is present in the HDDS?

When the table of reallocate bad sectors of the firmware is full will the files be saved in the bad sectors?

Hard disks usually need to be fully erased to recover bad blocks. Even with modern disks this is necessary.