Purple screen and no sound

I have a WD TV Live Plus running the latest firmware (1.06.16_B).  I hadn’t upgraded the firmware in a while and hadn’t changed any settings, but recently when I turned it on, I got the purple screen problem others have mentioned, but in addition, there’s no sound either.  I’m able to fix the purple screen by changing the settings to RGB Low as others have mentioned , but  I haven’t figured out how to get the audio working again other than doing a hard reset.  The audio is set on “stereo” like it’s supposed to be, but I don’t get any sound unless I do a hard reset. 

This is extremely annoying because I have to do a hard reset and then re-enter my Netflix settings, etc. every time I turn the unit on!  What I’ve been doing is simply not turning the unit off and leaving it on for weeks at a time, but I don’t think that’s the best idea to preserve the life of the unit.  Any ideas on how to get these settings to save so I don’t have to do a hard reset every time I turn the unit on?

Wow! Having to re-enter settings every time you power off is very annoying. I also have the problem with the pink screen. I can live with that for now but it is annoying that the WD box does not remember the video settings when powered off.

Unfortunately, there is not too much that you can do except to wait for the next release and hope that WD fixes the problems. In the meantime, it might be worth trying one of the previous firmware releases. If that does not help, it is pretty easy to reinstall the version that you have now.

Firmware Rollback

I had the exact problems as you describe. after thousands of reseting the colors and sound i brought a “pluscom” hdmi cable and its now cured … also a neighbour had the same symtoms and i told him about the cable and now his is cured them cables we got of ebay for £1.99 each and there really thick and good quality for moneys hope this helps believe me i was so pleased to finally sort it out :slight_smile: good luck

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280761538212?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649