Product Registration webpage needs "Remove Product" option

I was recently adding some recently purchased drives to my Registered Products list and had no problem. But then I wanted to remove a failed out-of-warranty drive that prompted the new purchase and found no way to remove the old failed drive from the list. Where the “Submit RMA” and “Update Warranty” option buttons are located, there should be an option to “Remove from Registration List” option button. This would also come in handy when donating old computers, to keep the registered products list accurate for drives actually still in my possession.

2 Likes

Hi @DonShockley,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

2 Likes

No I didn’t open a support case because it’s not something that matters or is worth an individual fix just for my account. I posted this topic in the “ideas” part of the forum because I think it’s a small improvement that would make the “Registered Products” portion of the website more user friendly for all. Users who purchase and use WD drives for decades are naturally going to have drives on their list go obsolete through age or failure. An option to remove drives from our Registered Products list would declutter a large list to make it easier to track warranty end dates or find the right item when a support request is needed.

1 Like

Hi, I also find that this addition can be useful.

Tutuapp