"Processing triggers for itunes ..." -- what does that mean?

Bill_S,

Thanks for doing what you can to expedite a solution to the firmware problems and for keeping us posted about what WD is doing about it.

In the meantime, I followed your suggestion and tried reinstalling the latest firmware version using SSH as you explained in those other threads.

The update appears to have gone very smoothly, except that now in my Terminal window, the last line reads "Processing triggers for itunes …"and it’s been like that for over an hour now.

As far as I can tell, the update was successful. The terminal window reported at one point that the drive was rebooting, and I think it did–it’s sitting there with the blue light on. But it’s grinding away, doing something, and there was no indication in the Terminal window that the firmware update had completed. In other words, I have no command line prompt, just the line I quoted about processing triggers.

I’ve decided to let the drive just keep going and do it’s thing, hoping that i’ll eventually get some message that the firmware installation is finally complete. But can you clarify for me what exactly is happening here? I have over 1TB of music files. Is this going to take a couple of hours? Days? Or is it actually stuck on something? Thanks for any help you can provide.

What’s probably happening is that the drive is indexing the music files.  I would leave it.  Depending on how many files you have, will determnine how long it takes.  And it will run in the background if you need to access other files and such.  Let me know if it doesn’t finish in a day or so.