Problems with WD MyBook 3TB: frozen and dead

I got two new WD MyBook 3TB (WDBACW0030HBK-EESN) and both are dead!

The first one: Dead after 3 weeks. Only copied about 1 TB of data (about 70000 files) to it and 3 smaller backup actions within 2 weeks. Suddenly died - only making several times blustering starting disk noises after power on - not visible for PC at all. Gone back to Amazon.

The second one: Dead (frozen) after 2 hours of stress test (copying files from PC to it).

Now power and LED go on, PC can see the disk but no partitions, computer management (Win7) asks to initialize the disk but fails with disk error. The error message in the eventlog after attaching: “The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.”

WDFirmwareUpdater.exe shows SN and firmware version 1.035 and tries to update to 1.042 but fails.

WD Quick Formatter.exe are not able to access the drive.

OS: Win7 x64, mainboad: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, tested on USB3 and USB2 ports.

Attached on a notebook with Win8: the same error (only the disk is visible, but no operations possible).

Send back and look for another manufacturer?

Thanks, Andrej

I urge you to contact Support. Describe your difficulties. I believe they will work with you.

http://support.wdc.com/

I have the same problem and exacly the same WD disc and motherboard ASUS M4A88TD/USB3

Please help me!

Tomas - Poland

tomekd wrote:

I have the same problem and exacly the same WD disc and motherboard ASUS M4A88TD/USB3

Please help me!

Tomas - Poland

You should contact WD Support at the link above. However, I have just tried to visit the Support site and the connection times out. This has been going on for some hours. I’m not sure when it will be resolved.