Problems downloading a complete folder

Hello everyone!

I’m trying to download a folder that I uploaded to MCH wich has several subfolders inside, but I don’t see the option to do it. Neither with the right click or anything.

It is possible to download a complete folder? It is necessary to do it file by file?

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me.

Hi @cbt95 ,

Title: My Cloud OS 5, My Cloud Home: Manage Files on Web and Mobile App
Link: My Cloud OS 5, My Cloud Home: Manage Files on Web and Mobile App

For more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

• Download of folders is not supported

Seriously? Are you kidding me?

The link and the knowledge base article is of course limited and incomplete given the fact that it is certainly possible to download a complete folder from the desktop once “enable local access” was activated.

Furthermore, it is also possible to use the built in iOS app ‘Files’ to ‘browse and add location’ of the My Cloud Home device, and after that browse addition, it is then possible to download a complete folder from the My Cloud Home both locally and remotely in iOS. This is an undocumented feature that is NOT in the WD Tech support knowledgebase.

There is a well worn thread in the 'My Cloud Home ideas’ subforum on this very topic which has been viewed 26,500 times.

There are other solutions that will enable downloading of a complete folder, including on Android, in fact there are about a dozen different combination of ways to download complete folders, documented in various places in these subforums.

Android Filemanager + copy complete folder remotely

Hi! Thanks for your response.

The solutions you gave me do not work for me.
I don’t have iOS.
Through local access I can’t see my storage out of my house.
Other solutions use third-party apps that in many cases are difficult to use.

All I want is to be able to open de MCH web app and download a folder into my computer.

In conclusion:
MCH 4TB for sale!! Interested people please DM me

The functionality of using the web app to do mass download such as a folder was never an advertised feature of the My Cloud Home, a device specifically built for Home use and not for business or enterprise use.

So this complaint you have is more about missing a feature that was never made available in the web app and not about seeking for solutions which are readily available for free.

For those who don’t realize by now, the My Cloud Home is now a >6 year old device and near the stage of End of Life (EOL) and unlikely to gain any new functionality, although it is likely to see many more security updates and support with new firmware.

I think to download a folder it’s not a business or enterprise use… :person_shrugging:

When you don’t know the facts, you tend to think there is some injustice done to you.

Synology DSM 7.2 which is the latest Synology web app for its business and enterprise line of NAS, does not support direct download of a folder or upload folder, only files. Downloading a folder is possible only after compression with zip.

This is done by design for the same reason that the Western Digital web app limits number of selected files for download to 100. It is the same reason why WD decided to deprecate and discontinued DESKTOP SUPPORT of WD DISCOVERY.

It has everything to do with relay server bandwidths that support remote access of files which is generally provided free of charge by these server companies. Third party apps don’t care about relay bandwidths because it is free to them and they think it is not their problem.

Imgur

In order to have adequate bandwidths across the globe, a server company need something like relay servers in these countries, usually many more.

Australia (Sydney)
    Brazil (São Paulo)
    Canada (Toronto)
    Dubai (Dubai)
    France (Paris)
    Germany (Frankfurt)
    Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    India (Bangalore)
    Japan (Tokyo)
    Kenya (Nairobi)
    Netherlands (Amsterdam)
    Poland (Warsaw)
    Singapore (Singapore)
    South Africa (Johannesburg)
    Spain (Madrid)
    United Kingdom (London)
    United States (Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, San Francisco, and Seattle)