Problem with the USB 3.0 card (My Book 3.0 w card)

I have installed the sw and as far as I install the card and switch on the PC (Packard Bell X1610) the PC does not boot!.

BIOS Type:

Phoenix-Award

BIOS Date:

November 19th 2007

BIOS ID:

11/19/2007-PT890-8237A-6A7L8FKEC-00-None

BIOS OEM:

PT890M02 PBSFC2MB.P11 111907 - PBSFC2MB.P06

Chipset:

VIA 82C327 rev 0

SuperIO:

Unknown

Manufacturer:

PACKARD BELL BV

Motherboard:

IMEDIA X1610

The motherboard is a Foxconn PT8907MB-2.0-8ERS2H  MB. Is the USB 3.0 card compatible with this MB?

I am confused. What did you install? A USB 3.0 pci card?? Or the My Book?

My Book 3.0 includes the HD plus a PCIe USB 3.0 card to be installed.

The problem comes when I install the card in order to connect the disc.

Best regards

Is USB 3.0 supported by mother board and is it updated?

Joe

Joe,

In order to use the My Book 3.0 WD HD is it necessary to install first a PCIe x1 card with two USB 3.0 ports.

The problem is that as far as I connect the PCIe x1 card the PC does not boot.

I’m trying to understand if it is a problem of the PCIe x1 card included or a compatibility problem with my Motherboard.

I want to know if the PCIe x1 card included with the HD need at least a PCIe 2.0 or it is compatible with any PCIe 1.0 or 1.1.

How old is your computer and what date is on your BIOS?

Look in the BIOS and check the boot order. USB should come after the HD. Mine is set to CD first the HD. I don’t know about the card part. Is there a manufacturer name on the card? If so they may have more useful information available on their site.

Joe

I ran across this thread and I see that you are having issues with the card.  As I understand it, you installed the drivers and then the card into your pc; then, when you went to reboot, your pc wouldn’t boot up. 

Things to consider:

1. Are you sure your motherboard has a PCIe slot?  If not then the card won’t work in your computer.  PCIe is different than PCI.
  2. Did you follow the instructions exactly?  Review this kba link to make sure:  http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5310
  3. Have you done all your motherboard and Windows updates (if you do have a PCIe slot)? 
  4. The My Book 3.0 is actually backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so if you can’t use the card on that pc, you can still use the drive.