Problem with my passport essential 500 - on windows 7

Hi,

i can’t see the backup or retrieve tabs & even the settings tab is not accessable (it’s in dark grey).

I wonder if someone could help me with this, it’s a rather strange one. I connected my passport to my pc but there was a problem with the smartware for some reasons as i wasn’t able to select certain data which i wanted to back up. I read the manual & it suggested i do a format to install it properly which i did. Since then i can’t see the backup or retrieve tabs & even the settings tab is not accessable (it’s in dark grey).

According to the manual, i went ahead and created a mirror image for the data i wanted to back up & my computer recognizes the hardware, it’s in my computer (Drive I) under the other drives & when i open it all i see is “windowsimagebackup”,. there’s no other file/folder like before - before i formatted it, there were folders called, extra, wdsmartware, etc. but now there’s only one folder which is “windowsimagebackup”

I’ve already tried uninstalling the smartware software & then reinstalling it but the problem still persists.

I’ve downloaded the firmware, smartware, etc. already. but nothing seems to be working.

Please can anyone help?

Regards

SK

In WD SmartWare, from the Home Tab, you must click in the My Passport icon, this will enable the Backup and Retreive tabs, and the Drive Settings.

1 Like

Thanks for the help!