Problem with my book essential

Few weeks ago after i update the firmware and using the HD with a WDTVLive i start to haver problem with my picture and videos they start to show and after few minutes (in videos) and second (in pictures) thet start to stop show and problem like the videos were corrupt.

after few days was impossible to read the data, so at the END  i LOOSE THE MOST PRECIABLE THREASURE MY FAMILY PICTURES AND VIDEO, Badday for me and my familiy.

After trying and trying i manage to format the disk and i start to use again, but after few days the same problem, from this forums i download WDLG 1.2.4 and start to make a diagnostic and this it what i receive

the below information.

If someone can help me to check and determine this HD is trustable, i will really apreciate )let me tell you this HD has only a year and some month.

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WD My Book 1110
Unit Serial Number: [Deleted]
Firmware Number: 2018
Capacity: 999.50 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 06-Quick Test on drive 4 did not complete! Status code =
07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 97 (Unknown Test) SMART
self-test did not complete on drive 4!
Test Time:

10:15:32, July 14, 2011

Well,

I was expecting that someone from WD  will help me in this, but after 24 hrs. NOTHING.

Thanks,

This is just a users forum. It looks like a problem with the drive try contacting customer service.

Joe

FVivolo, The WD Community was created for Users, such as yourself, to help one another, and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. If you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en