Problem with 500 GB Internal Hard Disk

Hi there,

I faced a problem with my internal 500GB hard disk

I connect it with my computer and turn on, I hear the hard disk is working, but  the screen is black, no data shown in screen.

I tried to install Win 7, but the Win 7 application does not recognize the Hard disk and give me the message " THERE IS NO HARD DISK"

Hard Disk info:

500GB

SATA/16MB Cache

WD500AAKS-00V1A0

WD Caviar Blue

I need the data on it, so please any help from you

I have the same problem with XP

AbedHasaneen wrote:

Hi there,

I faced a problem with my internal 500GB hard disk

I connect it with my computer and turn on, I hear the hard disk is working, but  the screen is black, no data shown in screen.

I tried to install Win 7, but the Win 7 application does not recognize the Hard disk and give me the message " THERE IS NO HARD DISK"

Hard Disk info:

500GB

SATA/16MB Cache

WD500AAKS-00V1A0

WD Caviar Blue

I need the data on it, so please any help from you

How come are you installing the OS and you need the data? 

Hi just as a added note. There are no hard drive drivers but there is a controller that makes the hard drive work . It is the sata controller there are a few different ones and a version of windows may not have yours. In xp you would start the install and when asked if you have any third party drives to install push f6 you would do that and have those sata drivers on a A disk, or if the os and the pc supports it on a usb stick ie win 7 would support usb. In win 7 there is a part in the setup at the start you get a window and click a button if you have sata drivers to install. The way to get the sata drivers is from your mother board manufacture’s web site. Make sure that the hard drive is listed in bios as a first setp.

Check on some another Desktop. IF the problem is same on that than go for replacement.

I also had the same issue with 160GB Blue . HDD was showing in BIOS but at time of booting it says no bootable device found.