Problem playing DVD rips or iso

Thanks for the advice.

I will give it a try and let you know.  

Thanks

I can set up shared folders but it still will not work correctly. 

Guesse I will have to use the USB input. 

Thanks

If you rip your DVDs as VOB files in the VIDEO_TS directory (they have to be in the VIDEO_TS directory), press Enter to select the VIDEO_TS directory, when the files are displayed on the next screen press the Play button on the first VOB file. Press the Options button, then select Menu. After that you will have normal DVD navigation and the videos should play just like they would on a DVD player.

You can do the same thing with an ISO file if the whole DVD is ripped to an ISO. If the ISO does not work, try using a different ripper. Many of us here use DVDFab. With DVDFab you can either rip as VOB files to the VIDEO_TS directory or rip to one big ISO file. It works well with the WD box.

OK - quick question in regards to this - having issues when ripping my tv boxsets / multiple episodes per disc…

I rip my DVDs as VOB files in the VIDEO_TS directory … I press play on the first VOB file present in the list … playback starts … i then press the Options button and select Menu - the DVD Menu will appear…if i was then to select say Episode 2/3/4/5 out of 6 ONLY the first episode will play? Movies are fine, having this issue with many of my ripped boxsets, tho not all.

I’ll apologise in advance for any stupidity on my part - im new to this ripping lark - just started in the last few weeks since the kids have arrived and love  to use my dvds as toys…

Wondering if  this is a ripping issue? Do i need to rip each episode individually instead of doing an exact 1:1 copy of the disc.

FYI - using DVDCloner VII / WD TV Live/ Firmware: 1.04.17

You should not have to rip each episode individually (although you can do that if you want to). I have not had a problem playing back multiple episode disks. We just watched Weeds season 6 without any difficulty. Maybe it is your ripping software. I am using DVDFab to do the rips. What are you using? 

Performed some further tests last night… im using DVDCloner 7 … seems that for some of my boxsets that if i rip a 1:1 direct copy of the the vob files to VIDEO_TS then I cant play all of the episodes on the disk, however if i rip to .iso then everything is fine, menu support, playback etc…

Also noticed that DVDCloner 7 didnt seem to find all of the tracks/titles contained within each DVD … ie for some disks it only recognized 1 or 2 episodes on a disk containing 4 or 5 episodes… after some research on here I downloaded DVDFab and it ‘seems’ to recognize every track/title of DVDs i have tried so far … so im well pleased … think ill just continue to rip to .iso now