Problem on mycloud files, it asking for credentials

When im trying to open some files in mycloud this credentials is always asking. I don’t know what is the username and password for that. See the image below

WDmycloudsignin.jpg

I have similar problems, i have 2 users created and can log in in both web UI or network only as first user, and it says that user or password is incorrect when i try to do it as second.

i check the settings on the device but there is no username and password for that, can someone help us on this issue. 

If i will copy the file on my computer then i will click on the file it will open, But if i will open the file directly on the folder of mycloud it keeps always asking the credentials Username and password.

Just a guess but did you try entering your router logon id and password (admin + admin or whatever password you used) instead of your WD My Cloud ID and password. It seems I remember this happened to my and using the Router login worked for me. Worth a try since nothing else seems to work. Good luck!

I have the same issue. No password is set in dashboard.  All I have to do is press enter and I access mycloud. Very annoying if you use it as a media server. iTunes cannot find it unless I click the login.  WD what’s up with that ?

When you say that you try to open some files, do you mean really files, or shares on the NAS? I suspect your mean shares…> jhay17 wrote:

When im trying to open some files in mycloud this credentials is always asking. I don’t know what is the username and password for that. See the image below

WDmycloudsignin.jpg

I mean the files on a share folder if i will open it on my cloud its keep asking the credentials. But if i will copy the files from mycloud to desktop it will open automatically if i will click it it will not ask for the credentials

I experience the same and it only applies to MS Office docs. PDF is fine. Folders or shares open no problem