PR4100 - WD App Store not loading, Cannot install apps

WD App Store cannot be accessed. Apps cannot be installed manually either. Unit just hangs Updating or Loading. Tried all the steps - My Cloud OS 5: Apps Page Stuck at Loading or No Internet Access Message
This happened on one of our units that happened after replacing our external USB Backup Drive (4TB SSD with an 8TB HDD). The PR4100 would not detect the 8TB drive so I uninstalled the USB Backup App and reinstalled it. That is when the app installation failed and all apps disappeared and all the problems began. Even putting back the 4TB does the same exactly thing. All other parts of the PR4100 are working fine. All setting between the 2 PR4100’s are basically identical. The only difference was trying to add the 8TB USB Drive.

Second PR4100 is working just fine. Have not changed the USB Drive.

First device will not recognize any USB device plugged into the back.

Strange thing just happened. I changed my DNS servers and the PR4100 stated that my RAID 5 configuration was not there. Now it wants to erase all data when re-configuring the RAID 5. All these problems because an app installation failed??? This PR4100 has been running for years without any issues…

I did a SYSTEM restore, the system was taking too long to reboot. I had to physically turn it off and restart it. Everything came back after the system restore. Do not know if the system restore happened or not. The logs are not very helpful and vague… Perhaps just physically powering the device off cleared the strange problems. The 8TB drive is being recognized and backing up now.

What is the firmware version? If it’s not 5.27.157 manually update the firmware.

WDMyCloudPR4100_5.27.157_prod.bin

You may also want to read the release notes, because the 5.27.157 firmware update changed the base distribution from Debian 10 (Buster) to Debian 11 (Bullseye). Therefore, most apps for OS5 version 5.27.157 firmware are NOT compatible with prior firmware versions, and vice versa.

My Cloud OS5 Release Notes

Firmware is 5.27.157. Actually this happened after updating the firmware but only on one device. I restored to “System Only” it hung, I manually powered off and all is ok now. Strange… I can also now backup to the 8TB USB drive. Most system files on the device were reset to today’s date, so the restore must have taken place.

1 Like