PR4100 & PR2100 Drive Temps

What are acceptable drive temperatures in the PR4100 and PR2100?
I am used to Synology NAS devices keeping the drive temperatures closer to 40 degrees Celsius. The Synology NAS devices also have an option to prioritize noise or temperature.
The drives are 4x WD80EFBX in the PR4100 and 2x WD80EFBX in the PR2100.
The diagnostics images were taken halfway through a full drive scan on both devices.
The PR4100 fan appears to idle at 540 RPM and the PR2100 fan idles at 1200 RPM. I have not seen the fan speeds change.
I saw the thread on OS5 overheating the PR4100, but that was focused on the CPU, not drive temperatures.

PR2100 Drive Temps

PR4100 Drive Temps

I agree that temperatures above 50 degrees Celsius are not acceptable.
I found another post that explains the fan speed will not increase until 57 degrees Celsius.

According the WD Red Plus datasheet, the maximum acceptable temperature for the WD80EFBX is 65 degrees Celsius, 8 degrees away from the start of the fan activation.
product-brief-western-digital-wd-red-plus-hdd.pdf (448.5 KB)

Based on the WD datasheet showing a maximum operating temperature of 65 degrees and the drives reaching 56 degrees yesterday, I believe I have established there is an issue with the fan control in OS5.
Is there any established process to submit a change request for the OS5 software to adjust the fan control?
Has anyone had success in having an issue like this fixed or am I better off using a custom firmware or going back to a Synology NAS.

Official response received received via email from WD Support:

Please be informed that 5°C to 65°C is the normal operating temperature of the My Cloud PR4100 drive and you can use the drive there will be no issue with the drive and 0 RPM My Cloud fan will generally start rotating when the dashboard Drive Temperature reaches 56°C to 57°C.
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/24562/track/AvNSUwrfDv8Q~XbDGpge~yJjqj0qqC75Mv9O~zj~PP_H

I am not surprised at their lackluster response either.
I am surprised there are no official channels to submit change or feature requests to fix these issues. This places the responsibility on users to solve the issue with workarounds.