PR4100 Disk replacement issue

After latest FW update my PR4100 had a HDD fail in bay2. I ordered an exact replacement for the factory drive. Followed directions to power down the NAS before physically swapping the drives. After booting the array starts to rebuild the RAID 5 and then fails with SMART errors on the drive in bay3. If I replace the broken drive in bay 2, the bay 3 drive goes back to healthy and the RAID array goes to degraded. Any tips, suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Hi @walker2 ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:

I hadn’t yet as my PR4100 is several years old. I will go ahead and open a case now. In the meantime I ordered a second power supply as I suspected that the original (quite old) could be contributing to the issue. I added the second power supply and the array “see’s it” as reflected in the auto power recovery slider is now in the “on” position in the WebUI. Sadly this didnt fix the issue with second disk showing SMART errors only when replacing a disk in another bay.